Mission and Objectives
Central Contact Center for Native Americans
The NAAoG provides a central contact center opportunity for Native Americans visiting or living in Europe (temporarily or permanently).
- assists Native American artists, authors, guest speakers, educators, etc.
- cooperates with Native American organizations
The NAAoG is an education information center for Europeans interested in increasing their knowledge about Native American nations and receiving first hand information.
clarifies misconceptions and clichés related to the Native Americans
- acts as the resource center for the national and international press
- serves as consultants in the making of television documentaries in Europe
- advises educational institutes focusing on Native American topics by providing information for teachers and educators
- provides assistance to compile educational material purposes
- supplies answers to questions by adults and children
- establishes, builds & maintains close working relationship with museums
- provides information about present Native American lifestyle
- acts as the first-hand knowledge source
History of the NAAoG e.V.
Native Americans in the US Military
Not noticed by the majority of Germans, Native Americans had get-togethers and organized powwows in Germany. In the beginning, most of those took place on US Military installations. They established the “American Indian Intertribal Society” in 1976, which was later, renamed “Native American Intertribal Society of Germany”, due to an increasing awareness of political correctness.
Since a couple of years, the Native American board members (three on the executive board and two on the board committee) are in the United States. The German board members ensure that NAAoG e.V. keeps providing this first contact and education information center in Germany by sharing first hand information and doing the administrative work that is required to maintain the registered and recognized as non-profit status. They are all connected by the World Wide Web.